NMMSE Instructions for online application.
Date of Examination : 18.12.2022
Submission Of Online Application: From- 25.08.2022 To- 23.09.2022
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091
For any clarification applicants may contact District Inspector of Schools (Secondary Education) of his or her School District (Address of the DI/S (SE) is given in the Notice section of the portal) or mail to email@example.com
Please go through the Instructions carefully before filling up the form Online:
- Students of class VIII who secured 55% and above marks as per mark sheet of class VII examination are eligible to appear in the Centrally Sponsored NMMS Examination, 2022 for class VIII (5% relaxation to SC, ST and Disabled candidates).
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any Private school are not entitled to get Scholarship. The students must be studying in recognized Government Schools/Government Aided School/Local Body and Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah without residential facility.
- Parental Income should be below Rs. 3,50,000/- (Rupees three lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate is to be uploaded.
- For salaried persons employed in Govt. Semi Govt. & Govt. Aided Organization/Institution, Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2022 to be uploaded.
- For Other person, ‘Income Certificate’ for the period from 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2022 obtained from any competent Authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O /Executive Officer or equivalent (in case of Corporation and Municipality area) is to be uploaded.
- If an applicant is studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Sub-division, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number used once, could not be used 2nd time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given for future login to the system. Step II
- Login to your account using registration number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 50KB (3.5 x 4.5 cm)The background of the photograph will be white/off white and it should be clear. No selfie as a photograph will be allowed to upload. Save the form. The form may be edited till it is locked by you.
- Once the form is complete and correct with all particulars, the same should be locked. A printout of the filled-in application along with the format for Certificate from the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) should be taken out. Step III
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate format along with copies of other necessary documents as mentioned below to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) and get the HOI Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of:
(i) Income Certificate of Parent.
(ii) First page of Bank Passbook
(iii) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
(iv) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
- The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority. The maximum size of each scanned PDF document should be 200 KB.
- Then press ‘Finalize application’ Button. Without finalization, on-line form fill up of a candidate will not be completed and admit card cannot be generated.
- Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate are required only for the SC/ST,OBC and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Candidates are requested to check email which is given in the form regarding acceptance or rejection of his/her application after on line form fill-up from time to time.
- The ‘rejected and unlocked’applicant will get an opportunity to rectify the application by the date as per notification.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Also application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/ photograph/ scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
- State level NMMSE will be conducted in two sessions on the same day as per details given below :-
Name of the Tests Type Marks No of Items Duration(in Minutes) Mental Ability Test Objective/MCQ 90 90 90 min Scholastic Aptitude Test Objective/MCQ 90 90 90 min
- Extra time will be given to the children with disability as applicable.
- Syllabus / Subject : There is no prescribed syllabus for NMMS Examination. Standard of items shall conform to the level of class VII & VIII.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test comprises of the following subjects given below :-
1)Mathemetics 2)Physical Science 3)Life Science 4)History 5)Geography .
- All questions in the booklet for the NMMS Examination are objective type. Each Question carries one mark. There is no negative marking in the said examination.
- The decision of Authority will be final in case of any dispute/doubt.