NTSE Instructions for online application.
Date of Examination : 18.11.2018
Last Date of submission Online Application from : 31.08.2018
Please go through the Instructions carefully before filling up the form:
- Students of class X of any affiliated and recognized school of W.B.B.S.E./W.B.B.M.E./I.C.S.E./C.B.S.E in West Bengal securing 50% and above marks [40% and above marks for S.C/S.T/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms)/Physically Disabled Candidates] in the final examination of class IX are eligible to appear at State level NTSE, 2019.
- Students who have registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) under NIOS / West Bengal Council of Rabindra Open Schooling and secured 50% and above marks in the pre-10th level examination [40% and above marks for SC/ST/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms)/Physically Disabled Candidates] will also be eligible for Scholarship provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July, 2018), the student is not employed and he/she will appear at class 10th level examination for the first time. In case of Study Centres under ODL mode, the Coordinator or Authorized person shall authenticate the required particulars of the candidates mentioning approval number, code etc. of the Study Centre.
- It may be noted that OBC candidates under Non-Creamy Layer of income group (as per Central Government norms) and also belong to OBC category of Central List will be treated as OBC for this examination. OBC candidates under Creamy Layer of income group will be treated as general candidate.
- There are two Educational Districts in addition to 23 Revenue Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE Educational District (comprising of Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE & BIDHANNAGAR) and SILIGURI Educational District (comprising of SILIGURI Sub-Division only)
- If the candidate is studying in any school under the Jurisdiction of BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR Administrative Sub-division in that event, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA.
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Administrative Sub-division in that event, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Login to your account using registraion number and password.
- Edit the form and fill in other details and upload scanned copy of your passport size photograph. The image file for photograph should be in .jpeg/jpg format and maximum size limit is 20KB. Save the form. The form may be edited in till it is locked by you.
- Once the form is filled in with correct particulars and complete in all respect, the same should be locked. A printout of the filled-in application along with the format for Certificate from the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) should be taken out. Step III
- Applicant has to take out the printed application form and Certificate to the Head of the School/Institution (HOI) where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copies of:
(i) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
(ii) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), if applicable
(iii) Parental gross annual income certificate (under non-creamy layer) only in case of OBC candidates as per Central Govt. norms for the last financial year issued by the Competent Authority [Employer's Certificate in case of salaried person of Govt. and Govt. aided organization and for others from competent authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O / Executive Officer (In case of Corporation and Municipality area)].
- The documents must be duly authenticated by the concerned School Authority. The maximum size of each scanned document should be 100KB.
- Then Press 'Finalise application' Button. Without finalization, On-line form fill up of a candidate will not be completed and admit card cannot be generated.
Caste Certificate and Disability Certificate(s) are required only for the SC/ST/OBC (as per Central Govt. norms) and Physically Disabled candidates respectively. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from HOI and other required documents are uploaded, else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Candidates are requested to check email which is given in the form regarding acceptance or rejection of his / her application after on-line form fill-up from time to time.
- The rejected applicant will get an opportunity to rectify the application by 10.09.2018
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any false/incorrect information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. Further application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/ photograph/ scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be notified on Notice Section. Please visit scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
- For further clarification applicants may mail to helpscholarships[at]gmail.com
Name and Address of state Agency: Directorate of School Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 7th floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700091.
Click on the ‘New User Register Here’ link and fill up the personal details along with one Mobile number (a Mobile number and Email ID used once, could not be used second time for registration) and register. A registration number will be generated which should be noted down along with the password given to login to the system in future.
State Level Examination will be conducted in two Sessions on the same day as per details given below:-
Name of the Tests Type Marks No of Items Duration(in minutes) Mental Ability Test Objective/MCQ 100 100 120 min Scholatic Aptitude Test Objective/MCQ 100 100 120 min
- Syllabus / Subject : There is no prescribed syllabus for NTS Examination. Standard of items shall conform to the level of class IX and X.
Scholastic Aptitude Test Comprises with the subjects given below:-
1) Mathematics, 2) Physics, 3) Chemistry, 4) Biology, 5) History, 6) Geography, 7) Political Science, 8) Economics.
- All questions in the booklet for the stage-I examination are objective type. Each question carries one mark. There is no negative marking in the said examination.